Monday, March 25, 2013

My Pop in' Laws Chicken Spaghetti

One night while we were visiting Louisiana, my pop in' law made one of the yummiest dishes. I kept pestering him to write down the recipe for me & as we were getting ready to head back to Colorado, he had it all written up for me! The yellow piece of paper still sits in my recipe box and I shall keep it forever. 

It's so tasty I thought I would share. 
Plus, we all know how annoying it can be to come up with dinner ideas. 

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED

Chicken Breast (I actually used 3 boneless skinless chicken breast)
8 oz of Spaghetti
3 TBS Butter
1/2 cup Bell Pepper chopped 
1 small onion chopped
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of Rotel Tomatoes
16 oz Velveeta Cheese
Bay Leaves (about 7-10)
Salt & pepper



 Chop up small onion and Bell Pepper
(I chopped up half a bell pepper)



Add salt, pepper, and bay leaves to boiling water.



I don't have a picture of this, but add chicken to boiling water and let boil for about 15-20 mins or until done.


Add butter to medium heat pan and saute bell pepper and onion for about 3 minutes. 
 


Use 1 cup of broth from the boiling water to tenderize onion and bell pepper. 
 

Once chicken is done, add your spaghetti noodles to boil in the bay leaf water.



 Add cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, and cubed velveeta cheese to your bell pepper and onion. 



Let the cheese completely melt. 
I did add a couple tablespoons of milk to the cheese mixture to thin it out a bit. Not too much though!
 

Shred chicken.
 


Add chicken to cheese mixture. Yumm!
 

 Add the cooked noodles to the cheese and chicken mixture. 



 Mix it all together and pour in a cassarole dish and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until hot & bubbly. 



This is what it looks like once it's out of the oven.. 
 


 Serve with a salad.. or whatever ya want! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment