Thursday, May 23, 2013

Spring Wreath

 A few weeks ago I was at Hobby Lobby with Robby (haha that rhyming made me laugh) picking out a frame for my Christ picture I got as a gift last year for Valentine's Day (yes, it took me that long to find a frame & hang it up). As we were leaving I walked by the wreath section and fell in love with all the pretty Spring wreaths. Except.. what the.. $99 for just a wreath! Ohhh okay.. as I saw the 50% off sign. Still, $50 for a wreath is still pretty pricey. I'm pretty sure Robby was ready to get the heck out of the store because he mentioned how I can probably make a prettier one for cheaper. Light bulb went off: yea, your right! it probably is cheaper.

So fast forward three weeks.
 As I was driving around my neighborhood I saw everyone's cute Spring wreaths hanging up and it reminded me of how I needed one. How I could MAKE one for cheap. 
I saw these pretty little wreaths on Pinterest and decided I wanted to make one similar.


 I went to Michaels because I knew the Spring & Summer fake flowers were 50% off and I had a 40% off coupon for the styrofoam wreath form. My total: $38!! What the heck?! I went home and started making my wreath and ran out of flowers!!!! My wreath had some major bald spots people! So, I had to go back to Michaels to buy more green hydrangeas which cost me $11. So my grand total was $49. Yup! The same price as the wreath I saw at Hobby Lobby. 

Even though I was so annoyed because I spent $38 on stuff to make a wreath. And even though I ran out of flowers and had to drive BACK to the craft store. And even though I spent eleven MORE dollars. And even though I burnt the crap outta my fingers with hot glue. And even though Robby and I were wrong.. it WASN'T cheaper to make (my fault for thinking he knew anything about crafts to begin with haha). And even though I could have just bought one at Hobby Lobby for the same price... 
(who else is tired of reading "and even though..?" haha)

...I'm so glad I made my own because I got exactly what I wanted.

Thank you, honey. 
I'm glad you were in a rush to get out of the craft store because I actually love the one I made way more than the one at Hobby Lobby ;)







Oh and by the way, I realized I don't have a patriotic wreath for Memorial Day haha.

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much!! Now I just need a job to be able to buy the materials!

    ReplyDelete